ACOR QuikStudy Program
The following programs are only the beginning of a series of programs that will be available for our customers. These are basic programs that will be provided using the GoToTraining System and will be from 30 to 60 minutes duration with a live instructor.
As part of these programs you will have direct contact with the director of clinical education using one of these three methods:
The Basics of Shoe Fitting:
- Learn how to use a measuring device
- Know the difference between a Ritz stick and Brannock Device
- Learn how to choose the correct last
- Learn how to Use a fitting stock and minimize returns
- We will go over some of the Basic styles of Therapeutic shoes
- Learn how to choose the correct shoe
- We will go over some Tying Tricks
- Learn how to use the Tandem Closure to Reduce Stock
- Go over some of the basic modification like a Tongue Pad
The Basics of Therapeutic Orthotics:
- Learn how to choose the correct orthotic
- Learn how to Mold the orthotic to the patient
- Learn how to take a mold using Impression Foam
- See the differences between heating in an oven and using a heat gun
- See how to trim the orthotic to fit the shoe
- Go over some of the basic modifications like Met Pads
The Basics of Carbon Fiber Footplates:
- What is Carbon Fiber?
- Why would you use Carbon Fiber Footplates?
- What conditions would warrant the use of Carbon Fiber Footplates?
- What types of Carbon Fiber Footplates are available?
- How to use a Carbon Fiber Footplate
- What Custom Products are available?
- The different order forms
- How to fill out the Order Form
- Order form terminology
- Different casting techniques
- What is a Gauntlet?
- Why would you use a Gauntlet instead of a traditional AFO?
- What conditions would warrant the use of a Gauntlet?
- What types of Gauntlets are available?
- How to cast for a Gauntlet